Bachelor or Master degree in landscape architecture – Persons who possess a bachelor or master of landscape architecture degree from an institution recognized by OALA are eligible to apply for associate status immediately upon graduation.
Other education – Persons who possess other related degrees, diplomas, and who have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional landscape architectural experience, are eligible to apply for associate status.
- Submit a completed application form with the required documentation and fees as outlined on the application form. Please note: if an application for associate membership is submitted in the same year of graduation from University, the $70 PDP registration and application fees are waived.
- Have the endorsement of one OALA full member
- Have current employment in the field
Candidates who meet these eligibility requirements will be accepted by the Association as associates. They will be assigned a minimum two year period in the OALA’s Professional Development Program (PDP).
Associates are eligible to apply for Full Membership upon:
- Completion of the professional development program;
- Completion of the independent study course on Ontario legislation and professional practice
- Passing a minimum of three sections of the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE)