Senior Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- WSP Canada Inc.
- Company Information:
- WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
- Job Details:
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Landscape Architect to manage our Landscape Architecture studios in our Toronto & Thornhill locations. In this position, you will work to lead a skilled and integrated team assisting with the completion of design, planning, and construction services for a wide variety of high profile landscape architectural projects. Identifying and pursuing business opportunities will be a major responsibility of this position. As a creative and enthusiastic leader, you will shape the future of the Toronto & GTA landscape, supported by our Ontario Landscape Architecture team (Ottawa, Thornhill, Oakville and Kitchener), and team members in offices across Canada.
You will be responsible for growing the Landscape Architecture group in our Toronto & Thornhill offices by partnering with the National Vice-President and Director of Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design to build a dynamic team of industry leading landscape architects and designers. In this role you will:
- Engage in business development activities to attract and win new work;
- Lead and contribute to proposals;
- Liaise and coordinate proposals and projects with internal and external clients;
- Apply your project management experience to the successful delivery of projects including leading the preparation of contract drawings documents, tender and contract administration services including site reviews and construction administration;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned to lead the Toronto & Thornhill WSP Landscape Architecture teams forward;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10-years’ of experience in the field of Landscape Architecture and Urban Design;
- Full membership (certificate and seal) in the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) in good standing, (or are able to attain Full Membership within three months of date of hire);
- A university degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA and/or MLA); or similar, relevant education;
- Superior design and technical knowledge of Landscape Architecture as exemplified by a sound project portfolio;
- Proven business development experience and desire to grow a dynamic, creative, and competitive team of Landscape Architects;
- Experience in project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation;
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and graphic;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong leadership, negotiation, business development, and customer relationship skills;
- Previous experience working with local municipalities and with private developers;
- Construction documentation experience;
- Experience staffing and supervising a team;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections.
- A collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound.
Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website:
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.