Manager, Parks & Open Space Development
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Markham, ON
- Company Name:
- City of Markham
- Job Details:
Salary Range : $108,324 To $127,486 (CAD) Annually
Home to more than 350,000 people, Markham is a diverse community with a rich cultural heritage, outstanding community planning services, and vibrant local economy. At Markham we are proud leaders in the way we deliver Planning and Urban Design services, as we face the challenges of growth and intensification while digitizing our workplace to ensure service excellence that is current and efficient.
Applications are now being accepted for the Manager, Parks & Open Space Development in the Planning & Urban Design department within the Development Services Commission. To apply, for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=04bf51f8-d2dd-4641-ba92-183522f6e8b3&jobId=264093&lang=en_CA&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 by February 17, 2019.
The Manager, Parks & Open Space Development is responsible for ensuring that parks and open spaces within the City of Markham are designed and constructed to meet the needs of the community while maximizing the use of space in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Provide leadership, direction and advice in the planning, design, development, project management and construction of park, land and open space projects in various stages of development.
- Manage and provide strong leadership to establish relationships and consultation processes with staff, clients, partners, consultants and stakeholders
- Provide strategic advice, interpretation of regulations as well as input for the resolution of complex issues.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture from an Accredited Program (BLA or MLA),
- Full membership in the OALA (with Association Seal),
- PMP or equivalent an asset
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience with progressively complex municipal park and building construction projects including managing staff (preferably in a unionized environment) and day-to-day operations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of landscape architecture, project management, park programming and design, urban design, municipal zoning and development by-laws, master planning, budgeting and contract management.
- Service Excellence: Focuses organizational resources on understanding and responding effectively and efficiently to customer needs.
- Change & Innovation: Encourages innovation and effectively leads, implements, assesses and sustains change initiatives.
- Teamwork & Relationship Building: Develops collaborative and high performing teams as well as effective relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Communication: Adapts communication approach to needs of audience and situation, and develops staff in this area.
- Accountable & Results Oriented: Ensures work group behaves ethically and complies with expectations, policies and legislation; focuses work group efforts to work plan.
- Management & Leadership: Builds an engaging environment that supports learning, career development and regular feedback, and that attracts and retains high performing staff.
- Strategic Thinking & Planning: Understands and assesses complex concepts, trends and relationships; participates in business planning; makes decisions that align with the City’s strategic direction.
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all those applicants who have applied however only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted. Please respect our scent free area by not wearing scented products when visiting the office.