Landscape Designer – Office Manager
- Job Type:
- Part Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Job Details:
Location: 258 Water Street, Guelph
Type of Work: Part-time (April, 2019 – Mid December, 2019)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Approximate Start Date: Mid April, 2019 (flexible/to be determined)
Application Deadline: Friday, March 29th, 2019
Fiona Rintoul and Associates is a small landscape architecture firm located in Guelph that specializes in native plant designs and ecological solutions in the institutional, industrial, commercial, and residential landscape. The owner and senior landscape architect has over 30 years experience, with many satisfied clients in Guelph and the surrounding community.
We are seeking a new member for our team to play a key role in our office. We are offering a part time position (6-10 hours per week to start) for a BLA or MLA candidate or recent graduate. You will work closely with the senior landscape architect on the following tasks:
- Work on all design projects, including: conducting site visits, scheduling projects, attending client meetings and all associated correspondence, creating design solutions, developing AutoCAD packages, cost estimating and budgeting, and overall project management.
- Aid in the daily office management, including: scheduling appointments, conducting most of the office communication such as – letter writing, telephone and email contact with clients and contractors, monitoring project progress, and tracking office expenses on a monthly/yearly basis.
- Good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Solid knowledge of the uses of native species in the regional landscape.
- Experience in client communication including: meetings, telephone, email correspondence. Strong report writing skills essential.
- Comfortable with AutoCAD 2015 or later versions, Microsoft office (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel), Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. (Must have access to these programs on personal computer).
- An interest in marketing Landscape Architecture services for the firm.
- The ability to be a flexible, independent worker.
- Comfortable with physical work in the field and office.
- A good sense of humor is essential for this office.
This position is best suited to an individual who has additional part-time work already in place for this time period. This job does not qualify as an internship.
The applicant should submit a resume that details previous experience in the profession and/or related trades. Please include all relevant references, academic, professional and personal.
If you are interested in this position and feel that you meet the stated qualifications please send your cover letter, resume and references to:
Fiona Rintoul and Associates, Landscape Architects.