- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Burnaby, BC
- Company Name:
- Job Details:
You’re an artist with a strong desire to better your surroundings. You can see a landscape before it exists and you love the process of bringing it to life. You’re collaborative, but need time to think, plan, and dream. You find yourself imagining a better way to walk down the streets you frequent every day. You imagine how you’d change a streetscape for walkers, or activate unused open space with thoughtful design. You know that change is possible through determination and team work.
Binnie is looking for a Landscape Designer to join our Landscape Architecture, Sports & Recreation (LASR) Division full-time in our Burnaby office, located near scenic Deer Lake.
Our LASR Division is a leader in providing planning, design and construction administration services for public open spaces, and outdoor sports & recreation facilities for Municipalities, School Districts and others throughout Western Canada.
You will work with an accomplished team on high-visibility projects, including landscape architecture for parks and recreation, boulevard streetscaping, public open space master planning, and land development projects. You will also work on a wide variety of sports facility projects including synthetic and natural turf sports fields, running tracks and sports courts.
You will participate in the design process, engaging with the rest of Binnie’s Design Studio to develop sound technical solutions with creative flare. You will utilize your recreation/landscape background and strong graphic design skills.
- Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and graphics software
- Supporting the design development process
- Completing landscape designs, cost estimates and reports
- Ensuring quality control procedures are completed as per Binnie’s Organizational Quality Management (OQM) Policy
- Collaborating with other members of Binnie’s multi-disciplinary team including civil engineers, surveyors and project managers
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Completed Degree in Landscape Architecture from a BCSLA recognized educational institution or a two-year diploma program in a related field with an emphasis on CAD drafting and Graphic Arts
- Eligible for registration as a BCSLA Intern Member preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Adobe CS, Photoshop and Sketch Up
- Strong graphic communication skills, specifically with the above programs, and hand graphics
- Landscape or civil construction knowledge
- Good aesthetic sense with the ability to prepare presentation style drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond. From the Pan Am Games, to the MRC Sports Complex, to Spirit Trail, our LASR team has delivered projects that are enjoyed by athletes and communities across BC, and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. And between the soccer club, lunchtime yoga, and our weekly coffee club, we make sure everyone can be involved in their own way.