Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Collingwood, ON
- Company Name:
- Envision-Tatham Inc.
- Job Details:
Envision-Tatham is a growing, respected, and progressive landscape architectural practice located in Collingwood, Ontario. Our firm provides services in landscape architecture, urban design, site planning, and arboricultural consulting to a broad range of government and private sector clients.
Located in the heart of Ontario’s prime four-season vacation destination, our staff benefit from year-round recreational opportunities and a balanced lifestyle. At work, staff are continuously engaged in a diversity of challenging project types and sizes. This presents the opportunity for staff to pursue their chosen interests and to work in a variety of related specialty areas.
Through an integrated collaboration with C.C. Tatham & Associates Ltd., Envision-Tatham benefits from in-house municipal, structural, transportation, water resources, and environmental engineering expertise. Both companies are strengthened through a cooperative approach that fosters seamless project coordination and cohesive design solutions. Through this structure, Envision-Tatham also frequently operates through branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge, and Ottawa.
Competitive salaries, benefits, profit-sharing, and future shareholding potential apply to all positions.
Envision-Tatham is seeking a Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist for our Collingwood office to provide support in design (conceptual and technical), graphics production, and AutoCAD drafting for a diverse range of design, planning, arboricultural, and construction management related projects.
It is important that the Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist is able to work in a multi-disciplinary team-based environment as well as independently, has effective interpersonal skills, and is a solid communicator.
The Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist will report to intermediate/senior landscape architects and/or the company’s President.
- Completed (or currently enrolled in the final year of) a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture program or completed a related university/college technical program;
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Microsoft Office suite, and Adobe graphics software (Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, etc.);
- Strong design and hand graphics skills;
- Background knowledge of plant material, a working knowledge of ArcView GIS, experience preparing contract drawings/documents, and construction experience are considered assets;
- Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and a vehicle for use on corporate business.
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Provide support to landscape architects, arborists, engineers, and other office staff during design development and in the production of presentation graphics and construction documents;
- Coordinate with CCTA engineers, sub-consultants, and external project team members;
- AutoCAD drafting and graphics illustrations;
- Assist with the preparation of project correspondence, communication materials, and reports;
- Prepare quantity take-offs for costing purposes, filing of technical information and drawings, and assisting with general office duties;
- Assistance with contract administration and construction inspection.
How to apply:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio in confidence to:
115 Sandford Fleming Drive
Collingwood, ON, L9Y 5A6
Envision-Tatham welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.