Landscape Architectural Intern/Landscape Designer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Barrie, ON
- Company Name:
- Landmark Environmental Group Ltd. (LEGroup)
- Job Details:
We are seeking a well-qualified entry-level Landscape Architectural Intern/Landscape Designer to join our team at our Barrie office. We are also willing to consider internship program candidates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of conceptual design plans, details and contract drawings;
- Preparation of urban design and landscape renderings for presentation;
- Construction administration, RFP/tender proposal writing, cost estimates and conduct field investigations to acquire data site;
- Ability to work with the general public, developers, homeowners;
- General office duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) degree, Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA) or equivalent experience;
- Experience in reading and understanding site plans, subdivision plans, grading plans, architecture, and tree preservation plans;
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Revit and/or Sketchup 3-D modelling, Photoshop and/or Dynascape;
- Preference given to candidates that demonstrate proficiency in summer/winter tree identification;
- Preference given to candidates with previous experience in a landscape architecture office;
- Critical thinking, ability to analyse and attention to detail are essential;
- Must be a self-starter with minimum supervision; exhibit collaborative team-building skills and provide excellent client/customer service;
- Understanding urban planning application processes and CPTED principles are considered an asset;
- Sense of humour and friendly demeanor are welcome.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Renumeration to commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Applications including resume and cover letters from interested and qualified individuals can be sent via email to hr@LEGroupLtd.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.