- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Oakville, ON
- Company Name:
- WSP Canada Inc.
- Company Information:
- WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
- Job Details:
WSP is currently seeking a talented Landscape Architect/Designer or Landscape Architectural Technologist to join our Thornhill office. Working collaboratively amongst our established team of landscape architects and planners, this individual will be responsible for preparation of creative and thoughtful schematic design, presentation drawings, detail design coordination, contract document preparation, construction detailing, and cost estimation and construction administration for a wide range of landscape architecture and urban design projects in the GTA and nationally.
- Schematic and Detailed Design;
- Project Coordination and Management;
- Preparation of contract documents and tender packages;
- Proposal and presentation preparation;
- Interaction and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-6+ years’ professional experience
- Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or Landscape Technology;
- Project coordination and /or project management experience.
- Understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation;
- Superior skills in Autocad and construction documentation
- Planting design, layout, grading and detailing;
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office. 3D visualization an asset. Microstation an asset.
- Construction administration experience as asset.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently as part of a team
- An innate desire to be part of creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound.
- Eligible for OALA registration preferred;
- Arborist certification with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) an asset;
- A valid driver’s license is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below:
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
How to apply:
To learn more and apply for this role, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below:
Oakville: Job ID/Req 5899