Landscape Architect Intern
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa, ON
- Company Name:
- Fotenn Planning + Design
- Company Information:
- Fotenn Planning + Design has an immediate opening for a Landscape Architect Intern in its Ottawa office.
Fotenn is a well-respected landscape architecture, urban design and planning consulting firm with offices in Ottawa, Kingston and Toronto, Ontario. Fotenn offers a superior blend of public and private sector experience resulting in an ability to develop well balanced landscape architecture, urban planning and design solutions. Fotenn is highly regarded for its success in the development of community plans and facilitation of public engagement processes. More information about Fotenn can be found on the firm’s website, fotenn.com.
- Job Details:
Description / Qualifications
Reporting to the Director of Urban Design and Landscape Architecture and Lead Landscape Architect, the successful candidate will be dedicated to: sustainable Landscape Architecture; advancing the role of Landscape Architecture in the public realm; enhancing the quality of urban life; and the development of successful communities. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the principles of good landscape architecture and urban design, and how plans and graphic imaging are used to support community planning initiatives.
- Completed (or currently enrolled in the final year of) of a degree in Landscape Architecture;
- A demonstrable high degree of competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, 3D modeling ( SketchUp, Vray);
- Strong knowledge of technical aspects of detailed design and experience preparing landscape construction drawings and documents;
- Additional Assets include: competency in ArcGIS; excellent hand-drawing skills; knowledge of plant material; knowledge of site planning and design; experience preparing urban design documents; fluency in French.
- Desire and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team;
- Self-starter who shows initiative and requires minimal supervision;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, write clearly, and resolve problems creatively.
- Proven superior technologist skills:
- Highly developed graphic, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences, including: clients; communities; and peers.
- Additional Assets include: Knowledge of the planning process; demonstrable construction experience; experience with the Ontario Building Code.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide support to Landscape Architectural and Urban Design team in the production of site inventory and analysis drawings, concept drawings, master plans and presentation graphics;
- Provide support to Landscape Architectural and Urban Design team in the production of Site Plan drawings and required documentation for the Municipal Approvals process;
- Provide support to Landscape Architectural team in the production of detailed construction drawings, including: layout plans, grading plans, planting plans and construction details;
Fotenn offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a progressive work environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you have submitted your CV in the last 12 months, please do not reapply. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your resume, portfolio (less than 10 MB) and supporting documents via email to:
Director Urban Design + Landscape Architecture
Fotenn Planning + Design
223 McLeod Street Ottawa, ON K2P 0Z8
T 613-730-5709 ext 228