Landscape Architect / Landscape Architectural Technologist
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Start Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Portugal Cove, St. Philips, NL
- Company Name:
- Murray's Landscape Services Ltd.
- Job Details:
Murray’s Landscape Services Ltd. is a professional landscape design – build firm located in scenic Portugal Cove – St. Philips, Newfoundland and Labrador. Murray’s is responsible for numerous award-winning projects throughout Newfoundland and Labrador and is comprised of collaborative and creative professionals with a passion for creating functional and beautiful spaces that complement the unique landscape and climate of Newfoundland and Labrador. Our professionalism and attention to detail helps us create lasting landscapes and impressions that have made us industry leaders throughout the province and Atlantic Canada.
Murray’s is seeking a Landscape Architect / Designer with three (3) or more years of work experience to join our team. The successful candidate will have significant experience in landscape design, construction details, project management, estimating and quoting. In addition the successful candidate will work directly with our construction team to create beautiful landscapes throughout the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. This position is a great opportunity for a creative individual with interests in landscape design, horticulture, construction and project management to join our growing design-build team. The individual must have good visual communication skills and the ability to work individually and collectively in a team environment.
- Meetings with clients (residential, commercial and public projects.)
- Prepare conceptual designs and graphics for presentation purposes.
- Prepare construction quotations based off designs and site visits.
- Conduct pre-design site visits and record technical information.
- Develop detailed designs and construction documents.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Internal coordination with design team and construction staff.
- Attend meetings and coordinate work with construction crews, clients, consultants, sub-consultants and subcontractors
- Field layout, reviews and inspections of work.
- Assist landscape architects with contract administration
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and other marketing materials
- University degree in Landscape Architecture / Diploma in Landscape Design / Landscape Architectural Technology
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud and other graphics software
- 3-5 years of office experience in landscape architecture / design and project management..
- Construction knowledge and contract administration experience
- Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills
- Plant knowledge, as asset.
- Good file management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and collaborative environment
- Experience in preparing contract documents and working drawings
- Valid Driver’s License
- Membership or ability to become a member with the APALA / OALA and/or CSLA is an asset but not required.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should send your CV and a portfolio of previous work in PDF format (if available) to email@example.com referencing “Landscape Architect / Landscape Architectural Technologist” in the subject line. No phone calls please – we will contact qualified applicants for an interview.
- How to Apply:
- All interested candidates should send your CV and a portfolio of previous work in PDF format (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Landscape Architect / Landscape Architectural Technologist” in the subject line. No phone calls please – we will contact qualified applicants for an interview.