- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa and Montreal
- Company Name:
- Lashley + Associates
- Job Details:
Lashley + Associates is seeking talented, experienced and motivated Landscape Architects to join our expanding firm in our Ottawa and Montreal offices.
Lashley + Associates Corporation is a progressive, energetic, and award-winning Landscape Architecture practice located in Canada. Our practice utilizes a forward-thinking and a sustainable approach to design urban, rural, and natural environments in central and eastern Canada. As designers and proud stewards of the land, we are focused on the development of resources for the betterment of society and nature. We are committed to provide excellence in design and service to our clients.
Lashley + Associates provides a collaborative, open-concept office environment. Our team is comprised of engaging, talented and motivated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, all with unique skills and experience that combine to create a strong and supportive office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management, project concepts and design, detailed design, written reports, contract documents, and construction review for a variety of institutional, government (federal, provincial and municipal), commercial and residential clients. Client and contractor liaison, and coordination of resources will be an essential aspect of the job. The candidate must be motivated to lead projects independently and manage staff resources and subconsultants accordingly, as well as assist and support the Senior and Principal Landscape Architects.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials:
- Landscape Architectural degree from an accredited university. Additional related degrees or credentials may be an asset.
- Minimum 5+ years of full-time working experience as a Landscape Architect.
- Eligible for membership with a recognized professional association, e.g. OALA, AAPQ.
- Be motivated, forward-thinking, and able to take on a leadership role.
- Demonstrated and proven design talent.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and graphic communication.
- Demonstrated excellent experience in technical design (e.g. grading, planting, construction detailing).
- Proven experience preparing construction specifications.
- Completion of successfully constructed projects designed by the candidate.
- Demonstrated performance and success in project proposals and project management.
- Demonstrated graphics excellence and proven technical expertise in the use of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), 3D rendering programs (Sketchup, 3D Max, Lumion, GIS, BIM/Revit or Vectorworks).
- Proven ability and experience in MS Office Suite. Experience with Mac OS is a plus.
- Familiarity with federal, provincial, and regional municipal approval process and standards in Ontario and Quebec.
- LEED and SITE certification an asset.
- Membership with ISA, OPFA is an asset, as well as Butternut Health Assessor.
Our office in Ottawa is primarily anglophone with bilingual capability. Our office in Montréal is primarily francophone with bilingual capability. Candidates that are bilingual are preferred.
Lashley + Associates provides a professional and energetic working environment in a collaborative office setting. Our Ottawa office is located centrally in a comfortable neighborhood in Little Italy, and our Montreal office is conveniently located in the Plateau Mont-Royal borough near Parc Sir Wilfrid Laurier. You can find more about our firm, projects, and our working environment at www.LashleyLA.com
We offer competitive salary, vacation, and employment benefits and provide a work environment based on healthy work-life balance respecting individual goals.
Direct your submission, including a covering letter, contact information, references, detailed CV, list of competencies, and a brief PDF portfolio to our HR manager by email at: careers@LashleyLA.com before May 30, 2019.
Thank you to all interested candidates who make a submission for our consideration; however, only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.