- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Vaughan, ON
- Company Name:
- City of Vaughan
- Job Details:
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full Time Unionized opportunity in the Parks Development Department for an experienced and motivated individual Landscape Architect
(JOB # J0219-0753)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for the planning, design, budget preparation, report writing, tender documents, contract inspections, and contract administration for park development, streetscaping, open space lands, and trail system; liaises with staff, developers, agencies, sports user groups, and the community at large; coordinates, trains, and oversees the work of Landscape Technician(s); coordinates, trains, and oversees clerical staff,; responsible for the management and administration of consultants, contractors, and agencies; reviews and comments on environmental assessments and official plan amendments as it relates to parkland and open space designation.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree (B.L.Arch.) in Landscape Architecture, or related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience in the field of Landscape Architecture, and urban design, or active transportation planning preferably in a municipal environment.
- Full membership in the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (O.A.L.A.)
- Knowledgeable in park design and implementation projects within greenfield and urban intensification areas as well as re-development of existing parks and open space amenities.
- Strong Interpersonal, organizational, report writing, problem solving, and presentation skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public, staff, City Departments, Senior Management, community groups, developers, consultants / contractors, external agencies, and other levels of government.
- Highly developed technical, analytical, design, graphic, and computer skills; working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software; working knowledge of computer software and techniques that are applicable to design, analysis, coordination, and construction contract administration is essential.
- Experience interpreting landscape, mechanical, electrical, and structural drawings and specifications; familiarity with the requirements for site grading and drainage plans; ability to prepare and administer construction contracts.
- Extensive project management experience in landscape construction and on-site experience including landscape construction techniques, methods, materials, and project
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act.
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please click here to apply online by Tuesday March 26, 2019.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.