- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- MJMA|MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects
- Job Details:
MJMA is seeking a Landscape Architect to join our growing 60-person interdisciplinary Toronto studio, focused on design excellence in public projects. Recipients of the 2016 RAIC Firm Award, our integrated design studio incorporates Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, and Environmental Graphic Design, all aimed at delivering full service, holistic design solutions. Our office is a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a commitment to being a great place to work and to fostering professional growth of every individual.
Working closely and collaboratively with the firm’s Partners, Director of Landscape Architecture, and each project team – the focus of the position is on the collaborative design, technical execution, and management of projects in order to successfully meet design intent and project goals. Role responsibilities include: development of thoughtful and well-conceived landscape concepts; master planning of sites including passive park spaces, active sport field design, large green space developments, and urban or campus context developments; managing and providing leadership throughout schematic design through to contract documentation, including approvals with authorities, and contract execution; internal and client presentations and design reviews; design and assembly; product research; and preparation of detailed specifications and drawings.
We are interested in someone who is passionate for developing landscape concepts and details with innovation, creativity, rigor, and independence while collaborating with and learning from others.
- Model, sketch, and develop studies for concept options.
- Possess strong technical and detailing ability, experience in approvals processes, and an ability to communicate and work closely with multiple project teams.
- Bring strong graphic, organizational, and communication skills for client presentations and reports.
- Commitment to modern design and detailing, aligning with MJMA’s design sensibilities
- Assist in production of drawings, specifications, and contract deliverables using REVIT and AutoCAD, SketchUp, graphic/ presentation software, as well as project management software.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of a recognized professional landscape architecture program.
- Post graduate work experience in the landscape architecture practice.
- Revit, AutoCad, Sketch Up, Adobe, Microsoft, Rendering Software.
- OALA membership is considered an asset
You must demonstrate a passion for design excellence and innovation, be a strong communicator, and contribute eagerly. You must be highly motivated, organized, assertive, and willing to engage in the open and collaborative environment of the office. You must also be able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members when needed.
For more information about us, visit our website www.mjma.ca
Let us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Landscape Architect Position”. Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note however that only those selected for interview will be contacted.