Junior to Intermediate Landscape Architect / Designer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa, ON
- Company Name:
- Fotenn Planning and Design
- Job Details:
Your New Company
Fotenn is a leading planning and urban design firm with offices in Ottawa, Toronto, and Kingston. Our team of planners, landscape architects, and urban design experts is engaged in award-winning projects across the country. At Fotenn, our practice is centered around the seamless integration of planning, landscape architecture, and urban design, and is rooted in a deep appreciation for creating people-focused places. By applying our expertise in site planning, land usage, policy development, urban design, and landscape architecture, we have added immense value to the spaces we have created and continue to guarantee high-quality results that are appropriate to the environmental setting.
Your New Role
Fotenn has an opportunity for an experienced Junior to Intermediate level Landscape Architect / Designer to join our studio team based in Ottawa on a full-time basis. Our team is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth and has earned a reputation for high-quality design and delivery of innovative projects. If you are looking to make a meaningful change, this could be an exciting career opportunity. Working on small and medium-sized landscape and urban design projects, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and ensure that all project deliverables are of the highest standard and provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undergraduate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and/or Diploma in Landscape Architecture / Technology;
- Minimum 1 to 5 years of experience, preferably in a private-sector office;
- Full Membership in OALA or eligibility to obtain Full Membership status;
- Experience in land development and municipal approval process;
- Knowledge of technical design and construction methods and practices;
- Highly developed graphic, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences, including clients, communities and peers;
- A desire and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage shifting deadlines and multiple priorities
- Competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, hand drawing and 3D modeling (Sketch Up, Rhino);
- Possess excellent critical thinking and interpersonal skills;
- A valid driver’s licence.
Additional Qualifications (an asset but not required)
- ISA Certification;
- Proficiency in French.
- Presenting to clients, stakeholders, community associations, municipal committees and councils;
- Assisting in the on-going development of the practice by assisting with the preparation of proposals;
- Completing site assessments, tree identification, and site inventory;
- Preparing site analysis, concept drawings, and master plans;
- Preparing contract documents, including: technical working drawings (layout and material plans, grading plans, planting plans and details), specifications and cost estimates;
- Conducting construction administration, including field review.
Fotenn offers competitive salaries, health benefits, professional development assistance and a progressive work environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please visit our website, www.fotenn.com, to learn more about our firm.
How to apply:
Please submit a single-file pdf, no larger than 10MB, that includes 1) cover letter, 2) resume and 3) portfolio samples (maximum 5 projects) that best demonstrates your cross-section of skills and experience, via email to:
All applications and inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Please note that only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.