Junior Landscape Designer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- thinc design
- Job Details:
thinc design is a landscape architecture, planning and urban design consulting practice specializing in municipal infrastructure and public realm projects including waterfronts, parks, trails, streetscapes, as well as commercial, multi-residential and institutional properties. We provide a full range of service including community and stakeholder engagement, master planning, concept design, approvals, construction documents and contract administration. thinc design is located in Toronto’s Liberty Village with easy access to GO Train and TTC. We strive to create a flexible and collaborative work environment.
We are seeking a motivated, talented, and creative individual to join our team. The successful individual will work in a versatile environment dedicated to assisting senior team members in the preparation of plans, designs, and studies related to waterfronts, parks, trails, streetscapes, private developments, and institutional sites.
Under the direction of senior designers/landscape architects responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of site plans, reports, sketches, 3D models, and photomontages;
- Assistance with proposal preparation (layout and editing);
- Drawing and report edits
- Assembling construction drawing packages;
- Site inventory work
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a diploma in landscape design with at least one (1) year of office experience;
- Skills in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp;
- Strong communicator both written and verbally;
- Comfortable in a collaborative team environment;
- Experience with ArcGIS will be considered an asset; and,
- Hand drawing/sketching skills will be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Resume, samples of work and three references are to be submitted by Sunday March 31st 2019 to:
PDF submissions only.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.