Junior Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- FRP Inc.
- Job Details:
FRP Inc. is a small boutique landscape architecture firm that has been practicing in Toronto and the GTA since 1985. Our breath of design work ranges across the public and private realm, including post secondary campuses, child care playgrounds, public schools, commercial development, open space networks and parks, urban plazas, recreational facilities, community centres, libraries and public art.
We cultivate a supportive and collaborative work environment to nurture the professional development of our team with the primary goal of developing well-rounded landscape architects that can succeed in all aspects of design excellence. Our firm size allows our staff to be fully engaged in all phases of project design – from concept to oversight of in-ground implementation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and self-motivated landscape architect to join the FRP team. Candidates should have the ability to work independently as well as provide value to a broader multidisciplinary project consultant team.
- Project management and contract administration;
- Conceptual / schematic design and presentation graphics;
- Attend consultant team meetings and engage in client correspondence;
- Coordination with consultant teams;
- Cost estimating and budgeting;
- Preparation of design development drawings for approval submissions;
- Preparation of specifications, tender and construction / contract documentation;
- Conduct field reviews and assessments; and
- Provide proposal input and preparation.
- 3-5 years experience working within a professional landscape architectural office;
- Completion of a BLA / MLA;
- Full membership or eligibility for full membership with the OALA;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp;
- Excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills;
- Understanding of technical landscape design – including knowledge of materials and horticulture;
- ISA designation would be considered an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits program.
How to apply:
Please provide a cover letter, PDF files of your CV and examples of portfolio work that demonstrate your graphic and technical design abilities to Kelly Hunter at email@example.com.