Intern Landscape Architect/Technician
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Markham, ON
- Company Name:
- exp Services Inc.
- Company Information:
- At exp, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
- Job Details:
Exp is currently seeking a fulltime Intern Landscape Architect/Technician to join our Markham office. The successful candidate will be joining a fast-paced and rapidly expanding group.
Prepare technical working drawings, including landscape plans, details and construction documents
- Prepare presentation graphics for design presentations and public meetings
- Prepare quantity assessments and cost estimates
- Conduct site inventory, construction administration and site visits /inspections
- Assisting in preparation of landscape proposals
- General office duties
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Bachelor Degree in Landscape Architecture or College Diploma in Landscape Design and/or Integrated Land Planning
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in landscape consulting firms
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop/ CorelDraw rendering, Microsoft Office, Excel and computer file management a must
- Good knowledge on planting material and tree health assessment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self -motivated, highly collaborative and a strong team player
- A valid driver’s license with own vehicle and travel throughout GTA and southern Ontario is required
What exp Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, exp provides professional, technical and strategic services related to the world’s built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability. Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of exp’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice in northern Ontario. Today, close to 3,000 creative exp professionals across North America and around the globe provide the expertise and experience needed to deliver successful projects for clients.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it’s a promise we take seriously. Join a dynamic team at exp that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what exp has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
How to apply:
Please apply via the exp website http://www.exp.com/en/openings