Intermediate – Senior level landscape designer/ landscape architect, Project Manager
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- PMA Landscape Architects
- Job Details:
We are currently looking to fulfill the role of:
Intermediate – Senior landscape designer/ landscape architect, Project Manager
PMA is looking for an independent, creative, reliable and organized individual to be part of a studio-based team. This individual must have good communication skills, manage his/ her time well, and be a team player with a sincere and enthusiastic passion for landscape architecture in its full diversity.
Salary will be based on experience and skill level. Start date February 2019 (flexible based on availability) for a 1-yr contract with the option to extend.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and experience (in no particular order):
- degree in landscape architecture (BLA, MLA)
- 5-10 years experience at a local landscape architecture firm
- technical landscape architectural skills such as (but not exclusive to) grading, planting and construction detailing
- proficiency and skills in preparing site plans, tender packages and technical specifications
- managing projects including client and consultant coordination, and internal production team. High-level of professional communication skills and conduct are required.
- high computer proficiency in CAD programs (Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office
The following abilities are not required, but considered an asset:
- skills and experience in MAC environment, particularly the ability to use Vectorworks
- skills and experience in proposal preparation and assembling proposal submission documents for municipal RFP’s, particularly for the City of Toronto
- computer proficiency in 3-D and Adobe programs
PMA Landscape Architects is a medium-sized firm of ten staff. Our office works on projects predominantly in the public realm and parks in the City of Toronto, in addition to commercial projects, institutional projects, and regional highways. See www.pmalarch.ca for a more comprehensive profile of our work.
We are proud to be a detail-oriented firm with design and environmental integrity, while providing a creative team studio environment for our staff.
We will contact selected individuals for interviews. Interviews will take place the week of January 21st. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Please e-mail your current resume that lists recent work experience and selected drawing samples (i.e. SPA drawing set, CDs, details). Include any other portfolio material that demonstrates your creative, organizational and technical skills. There is no requirement to assemble a formal portfolio. File(s) should not exceed 10MB.
Leslie Morton, Principal
Fung Lee, Principal