Intermediate – Senior Level Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa, ON
- Company Name:
- Lashley + Associates
- Company Information:
- Lashley + Associates Corporation is a progressive, energetic, and award-winning Landscape Architectural practice located in Ottawa and Montreal serving Canada. Our practice utilizes forward-thinking and a sustainable approach to design urban, rural, and natural environments in central and eastern Canada. As designers and proud stewards of the land, we are focused on the development of resources for the betterment of society and nature. We are committed to providing excellent service to our clients for all of their project needs.
Lashley + Associates provides a collaborative, open-concept office environment. Our team is comprised of engaging and motivated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, all with unique skills and experience that combine to create a strong and supportive office.
- Job Details:
Lashley + Associates is seeking an experienced and motivated Intermediate – Senior Landscape Architect to join our expanding firm in Ottawa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management, concept and detailed design, written reports, contract documents, and construction review for a variety of institutional, government, commercial and residential clients. Client liaison, contractor liaison, and coordination of resources will be an essential aspect of the job. The candidate should be motivated to lead projects independently and manage staff resources accordingly, as well as assist and support the Senior and Principal Landscape Architects.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials:
- Be motivated, forward-thinking, and able to take on a leadership role,
- Assist the Principal and Senior landscape architects with office administrative tasks (i.e., staff and project management beyond assigned projects, as required by senior staff),
- Landscape Architectural degree from an accredited university,
- 10+ years of full-time working experience as a Landscape Architect,
- Full membership with the OALA or the AAPQ,
- Familiarity with federal, provincial, and regional municipal approvals process and standards,
- Proven design experience with LEED and SITE. Certified projects an asset,
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and graphic communication,
- Demonstrated excellent experience in design, technical landscape design (eg. grading, planting, construction detailing),
- Proven experience preparing construction specifications,
- Completion of successfully constructed projects designed by the candidate,
- Excellent graphics and proven technical expertise in use of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), 3D rendering programs an asset (Sketchup, 3D Max, or Lumion),
- Proven ability and experience in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel). Experience with Mac operating system a plus,
- LEED and/or Arborist certification is an asset,
- English language essential. Working ability in French is an asset.
Lashley + Associates provides a professional and energetic working environment in an collaborative office setting. Our Ottawa office is located centrally in a comfortable neighbourhood in Ottawa’s “Little Italy”. You can find more about our firm, projects, and our working environment at www.LashleyLA.com
We offer competitive salary, vacation, and employment benefits and provide a work environment based on healthy work-life balance respecting individual goals.
Direct your submission, including a covering letter, contact information, references, detailed CV, list of competencies, and a brief PDF portfolio to Ric Carreon by email at: RCarreon@LashleyLA.com.
Please submit your resume before April 17, 2017.
Thank you to all interested candidates who make a submission for our consideration; however, only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.