Intermediate – Senior Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa & Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- Fotenn Planning + Design
- Company Information:
- YOUR NEW COMPANY
As one of Ontario’s largest dedicated Planning and Design firms with offices in Ottawa, Kingston and Toronto, Fotenn is passionate about creating places where people want to be. We are a progressive and dynamic team of professionals engaged in projects across the country. Our practice is centred around the seamless integration of planning, landscape architecture, and urban design; while rooted in a deep appreciation for creating people-focused places.
- Job Details:
YOUR NEW ROLE
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With Fotenn, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are experts in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
We are seeking to appoint an Intermediate to Senior Landscape Architect to be based in either our Ottawa or Toronto office. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities as well as work collaboratively with the urban design and planning teams. You will be expected to think critically and contribute creatively to the design process. This is a full-time position suitable for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who is flexible, helpful, keen to learn and who gets involved in real projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Presenting to clients, stakeholders, community associations, municipal committees and councils;
- Assisting in the development of new landscape architecture business including: responding to requests for proposals; preparation of proposals;
- Complete site assessments, tree identification, and site inventory;
- Preparation of site analysis, concept drawings, and master plans;
- Preparation of contract documents, including: technical working drawings (layout and material plans, grading plans, planting plans and details), specifications and cost estimates; and
- Conduct construction administration, including field review.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture;
- Member of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) or the Association des Architectes Paysagiste du Quebec (AAPQ) with ability to obtain stamp;
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience for an Intermediate position and 6-8 for a Senior position;
- Excellence in design and knowledge of technical detailed design and construction methods and practices;
- Experience in land development and municipal approval process;
- Highly developed graphic, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences, including: clients; communities; and peers;
- Desire and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, write clearly, and resolve problems creatively;
- Demonstrable competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, hand drawing, and 3D modeling (Sketch Up, Rhino); and
- Additional Assets: ISA Certification, French language proficiency and competency in ArcGIS.
Fotenn offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a progressive work environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please visit our website, www.fotenn.com, to learn more about our firm.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio to:
Director of Urban Design and Landscape Architecture
The deadline for the submission of applications is September 30th, 2017 at 4:00pm. Only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.