Intermediate Landscape Designer/Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- Scott Torrance Landscape Architect (a division of FORREC Ltd.)
- Company Information:
Scott Torrance Landscape Architect, established in 2004, is a division of FORREC Ltd. We’re an award-winning practice dedicated to the public, private and corporate sector in Toronto, including designs for public parks, campuses, transit infrastructure, libraries and green roofs
Time to flex your design muscle?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before in traditional design environments. Imagine the freedom to think up what makes a theme park, water park, resort, visitor attraction or mixed-use development become a number one travel destination. Or to work on landmark projects in Toronto that shape the fabric of a neighborhood here at home.
Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. You’ll collaborate with award-winning architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers and creative leads to come up with amazing ideas that raise the bar higher than you ever thought you’d go. We want people who challenge the every day. Who are ready to explore what they can really do. If that sounds like you, we should meet.
We’re currently looking for a creative and enthusiastic Intermediate Landscape Designer/Architect who is passionate about innovation, sustainability, ecology and actively seeks opportunities to push the boundaries of our profession.
- Job Details:
- Work closely with senior landscape architects and/or project managers
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual designs
- Prepare design development and construction documents
- Quickly develop and communicate multiple design ideas
- Attend project and site meetings
- Manage multiple projects, budgets and effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 5-8 years’ experience working in a professional landscape architectural office
- Eligibility or preferably full membership in OALA (or equivalent)
- Familiar with City of Toronto and GTHA municipal application processes
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Ability to produce presentation drawings, construction drawings, specifications and tender documents for different types of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in AutoCAD 2014 is required
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Proficiency in Revit is an asset
- Proficiency in Microstation is an asset
- Proficiency in SketchUp is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of construction documents and contract administration
- Driver’s license is an asset
The Extras at FORREC
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village
(so impressive, the Globe and Mail wrote an article!)
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day
- Pool table, ping pong, video games on-site
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building
- Varied social events led by our social committee
- Flexible hours, great benefits
- Company matching group retirement savings plan
- Public transit at the door
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
FORREC Ltd. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all individuals. As such, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, you may make a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-696-8686 ext. 390.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.