Intermediate Landscape Architect/Designer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- FORREC Ltd.
- Job Details:
Time to flex your design muscle?
Designers come to FORREC because our projects are like nothing they’ve worked on before in traditional design environments. Imagine the freedom to think up what makes a theme park, water park, resort, visitor attraction or mixed-use development become a number one travel destination. Or to work on landmark projects in Toronto that shape the fabric of a neighborhood here at home.
Creativity is our lifeblood, and we draw from the talents of five studios to get the best results. You’ll collaborate with award-winning architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers and creative leads to come up with amazing ideas that raise the bar higher than you ever thought you’d go. We want people who challenge the every day. Who are ready to explore what they can really do. If that sounds like you, we should meet.
The Intermediate Landscape Architect/Designer reports to the Assistant Director – Landscape Architecture Studio and works closely with the Landscape Architecture team. The incumbent is responsible for working collaboratively on design development, preparation of technical drawings and construction documents while ensuring work effectively meets deadlines. The Intermediate Landscape Architect/Designer may oversee and/or assist the work of entry level Landscape Architecture staff on specific projects.
- Works closely with Senior Landscape Architects and/or Project Managers.
- Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architectural projects.
- Depending upon the size and scope of each project, renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Creates technical drawings.
- Manage multiple projects and ensure that all project work is delivered on time and within budget for agreed upon deliverables.
- Prepare design development and construction documents.
- Quickly develop and communicate multiple design ideas.
- Enthusiastically participates and contributes to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs to further professional development of self and entry level Landscape Architecture staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of related professional experience in Landscape Architecture.
- OALA membership is considered an asset.
- Strong design and graphic communication (hand/computer) skills.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of Landscape Architecture including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural desktop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in SketchUp, InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator graphic software is an asset
- Working knowledge of REVIT is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings (grading and layout plans, planting plans, construction details, specifications and Form of Tender).
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Obvious enthusiasm and passion for Landscape Architecture and design.
- Capable of effectively meeting deadlines.
The Extras at FORREC:
- A vibrant, creative space in the design hub of Liberty Village.
- A culturally and creatively diverse group of people who weave fun into their work every day.
- Pool table, ping pong, video games on-site.
- Free fitness and yoga facilities in the building.
- Varied social events led by our social committee.
- Flexible hours.
- Great benefits.
- Company matching group retirement savings plan.
- Public transit at the door.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your resume and portfolio to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this job opportunity, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
No telephone calls or agencies please.
FORREC Ltd. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all individuals. As such, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available throughout our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, you may make a request via email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-696-8686 ext. 390.