Intermediate Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Calgary, AB
- Company Name:
- IBI Group Calgary
- Company Information:
- We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Job Details:
When you think of architecture at IBI Group two words come to mind… creativity and vision; creativity to develop fresh concepts and the vision to transform the world around you. IBI Group landscape team has the opportunity to take that vision and create interesting livable spaces. The team works closely together to ensure projects run smoothly and clients’ needs are met.
Not only do we take care of our clients, we take care of the environment by incorporating LEED-certified designs in our buildings.
IBI Group’s Calgary office is searching for a Landscape Architect to join its growing and energetic team. Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where you will be a part a variety of large scale projects in the private and public sectors? For example: new neighbourhoods with parks, stormwater gardens, urban plazas, schools, hospitals, and major roadways. Are you looking for the chance to work in a collaborative environment at a multi-disciplinary firm that takes a holistic approach?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
IBI Group a career you can Define…Discover It!
- Collaborate and work with Senior Urban Designers / Planners / Landscape Architects on a variety of private and public sector urban design, landscape architecture, master planning and planning projects
- Prepare accurate and legible plans, graphics, 3-D views, mapping and illustrations using CAD, Adobe Suite, Sketch Up and GIS
- Produce concept designs (hand sketches preferred) with strong design narrative, schematic designs and carry those through design development to construction documentation where required
- Produce High quality graphic presentations and reports
- Assist in writing proposals, undertaking research, policy and guidelines etc.
- University degree in Landscape Architecture
- CSLA designation required
- 4+ years of relevant working experience in a professional Urban Design, Planning, Landscape architectural or Architectural firm
- Project portfolio showcasing Design Excellence and creativity in concepts, schematic design, and design development
- Multidisciplinary interests in Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, placemaking, Transportation / Urban /Regional Planning, knowledge of current planning and design issues
- Capacity to multi-task, keen eye for detail/precision a must
- Capacity to deliver in challenging project timeframes and deadlines
- Strong graphical communication skills – Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketch Up is a must.
- Working knowledge of GIS, BIM and Revit
- Able to read and understand zoning by-laws, technical surveys and plans
- Inquisitive and self-motivated individual with good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply: