Crozier is a leading consulting firm committed to growing careers and building communities by delivering multidisciplinary services in private sector land development. Our Landscape Architectural Department works on a diverse portfolio of projects and provides landscape architecture, environmental design, site planning and urban design services.
Crozier is a progressive firm providing creative, practical design and management consulting services for the delivery of sustainable solutions. We have been the recipients of several awards for our work, including the 2020 Service to the Environment Award from the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects. At Crozier, we value the partnership of multi-disciplinary interests and utilize the varied opportunities it generates to create innovative and functional site design.
Our Collingwood office is located adjacent to the Niagara Escarpment and the Georgian Bay shoreline and is part of a celebrated four-season active lifestyle community. If you like to ski, golf, hike, bike, swim, sail, curl, or play hockey, it is all here waiting for you!
Our team is as diverse as our client roster – and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a licensed Landscape Architect with a minimum of 3 years of project management experience in the private land development industry.
In support of our Department Head, you will oversee the production of deliverables and provide input into the landscape architectural design and analysis for various projects.
You will have experience in landscape architecture for the land development industry, including master planning and design, residential multi-unit sites with various housing types and related uses, commercial or industrial projects and site design.
We are looking for someone who has a proven ability to build relationships across disciplines, foster good client relationships, and participate in meetings with clients, agencies, and sub-consultants.
- Collaborate with project managers on multi-disciplinary teams to identify project requirements and relay information to the internal design teams.
- Cultivate strong internal and external client relations; liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects forward.
- Prepare project proposals, timelines, specifications and work schedules in conjunction with Department Head and Engineer Project Managers.
- Assemble team and resources to identify deliverables and timelines, prepare and modify plans/designs, assisting clients in advancing projects toward completion.
- Prepare landscape architectural designs, technical reports and submissions to support projects through municipal and provincial approvals.
- Review and mentor junior staff designs and deliverables for quality control.
- Assist with continually tracking and managing ongoing projects to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Effective in managing projects of various scales and complexity, from concept to completion (design development, design report, facilitating community engagement, delivery presentations to clients and stakeholders, production of working drawings, contract documents and construction administration).
WHAT YOU BRING:
- OALA full or associate membership with a minimum of 3 years of relevant project management experience in a consulting environment.
- Client-focused with the ability to cultivate and nurture relationships.
- Demonstrated project management and technical experience on multi-faceted projects for the private sector land development community, including master planning and design.
- Enhanced knowledge of Landscape Architectural Design such as planting, grading, stormwater management, construction detailing, specifications and cost estimation.
- In-depth working knowledge of land development principles and municipal requirements within the Province of Ontario.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator) and SketchUp is considered an asset.
- Result-driven, organized, and successful in a team environment.
- Success in effective and positive communication.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, team-oriented approach with a proven track record.
We are passionate about what we do, so it’s easy to be up for the challenge – even when deadlines loom. A healthy balance of work and play feeds our energy … we work hard, but always find time for fun.
We are always seeking candidates who share our values and are ready to roll up their sleeves. Our culture is based on three core values; Be Entrepreneurial, Bring your Energy and Show you Care!
Competitive Salary and Benefits: We offer competitive salaries and health benefits, as well as RRSP contribution plans, wellness credit, Crozier Days, Parental Leave Top Up and a First Time Home Buyers program.
With offices in Collingwood, Milton, Bradford and downtown Toronto, we enjoy easy commutes and are always close to our favourite places. We also offer flexibility and a variety of alternate working arrangements.
Teams that play together, stay together: We frequently have after-hours get togethers, participate in community events, or play sports. We’re always up for a friendly competition amongst friends, family and co-workers.
Community involvement: We grow together, through shared experiences. We encourage involvement in the community and support our local communities with initiatives, events and sponsorships.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com with 'Landscape Architect – Project Manager' in the email's subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.