Position: Landscape Architect | Landscape Designer
Company Ruhland & Associates Ltd.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Published: November 21, 2022
Closing: January 31, 2023
Ruhland & Associates is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Landscape Architect / Landscaper Designer to be part of our team in our Ottawa office. We offer professional development mentoring and support, with opportunities to grow with our team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent, member or ability to become a member of the OALA.
- 1-5 years related experience, preferably in private practice.
- Proficient knowledge of Autocad, Civil 3D and/or Vectorworks CAD programs, ability to quickly adapt to other computer programs and systems where required.
- Competence in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up and other rendering programs.
- Knowledge of landscape detailing and construction practices, local horticulture and native plant material.
- Team player, strong communication and organizational skills.
- French language skills an asset.
- COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters are required.
Successful applicant will assist Senior Landscape Architect and Project Managers in the inventory, design, detailing, costing and construction documents and contract administration of projects.
- production of conceptual plans 2D and 3D renderings
- design details and specification preparation, plant material selection
- quantity take-offs and costing
- shop drawing and product data review, onsite reviews
This full-time position can commence immediately, offers a salary commensurate with experience, and an opportunity to advance and grow with a well-established, award winning firm in the Nation’s Capital.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send an electronic copy of their cover letter/ letter of introduction and interest, résumé, and sample portfolio of work or link to online portfolios by email in confidence to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be responded to. Some applicants may be responded to prior to the closing date.
About Ruhland & Associates Ltd
Ruhland & Associates Ltd. is an award-winning firm of Landscape Architects with over 35 years’ experience providing professional design services throughout Ottawa and eastern Ontario.
We work collaboratively with our clients and multi- disciplinary professional teams on projects that reflect environmental sustainability and social responsibility. We create inspiring and cost-effective solutions to functional and aesthetic requirements.
Ruhland & Associates Ltd is an equal-opportunity employer, with a supportive atmosphere encouraging growth and providing training and opportunities for advancement. We have an open office concept where all staff are welcome to join in project discussions. We are currently working in a hybrid office / home model that allows our staff the best of both working worlds.