Who We Are?
Madison Taylor Design offers architectural, landscape, project management and interior design services for clients across the residential, commercial and hospitality industries worldwide. We focus on Integrated Design, a practice that seamlessly combines multiple disciplines to take each project from conception to completion and deliver extraordinary results.
Our mission is to provide high-end design services for local and global clients by utilizing our skill and expertise to bring the client’s design vision to life.
We are currently looking for a passionate and creative Landscape Architect or Designer to join our collaborative team.
• Minimum 3 years of working experience in a professional setting
• BLA/MLA from an accredited program
• OALA membership is preferred (full member or associate)
• Proficient in drafting and 3d modeling
• Landscape construction, project management experience, and knowledge of rendering software is considered a definite asset
Detailed Role and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
Managing projects through all phases of design, which include pre-planning and site research, conceptual design, and construction documentation.
Creating innovative, unique, and functional designs in collaboration with clients and our multiple in-house disciplines.
Ability to manage various applications (i.e., building permits, conservation, site plan control, site alterations, etc.)
Capability to manage budgets and quotations.
Coordinating with consultants, such as surveyors, engineers, arborists, planners, etc. Main point of contact with clients, trades, and subcontractors.
Ability to handle contract and construction administration.
Managing time and deadlines with an awareness of project fees and budgets.
Skills and Attributes:
• Aligned with company principles and values
• Strong design and technical drawing skills
• Ability to collaborate in a team setting to achieve a common goal
• Strong understanding of landscape materials, techniques, systems, and styles
• Knowledge of site planning, regulatory approvals, and submission requirements
• Ability to manage several projects while adapting to changing schedules, deadlines, and priorities
• Highly organized and excellent time management skills
• Problem solving abilities, attention to detail, motivation to learn and resourcefulness
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
Employment Position Details
• Full Time – Permanent Position
• Salaried + Benefits
• Hours/week: 37.5
• Work Environment: Office (remote or hybrid options will be considered)
• Location – Temporarily located at 135 Bayfield Street, Suite 202 in Barrie, Ontario. Main Office is located at 14 Finlay Mill Road, Midhurst, Ontario
To Apply: email email@example.com with resume and portfolio.