FRP Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and self-motivated landscape architect to join our team.
We cultivate a supportive and collaborative work environment to nurture the professional development of our employees with the primary goal of developing well-rounded landscape architects that can succeed in all aspects of design excellence. Our firm size allows our staff to be fully engaged in all phases of project design - from concept to oversight of in-ground implementation.
Candidates should have strong problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills, the ability to work independently, as well as provide value to a broader multidisciplinary project consultant team.
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual / schematic design production and prepare presentation graphics (2D and 3D) for public, client and consultant meetings, design reports and feasibility studies;
- Progress project work through design development and approval submissions;
- Prepare construction documentation, including specifications, plans and detailing;
- Assist in contract administration processes during project construction;
- Collaborate and coordinate with broader external consultant design teams;
- Cost estimating and budgeting;
- Conduct site reviews / assessments and assist in the preparation of reports.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working within a professional landscape architectural office;
- Completion of a BLA or MLA;
- Understanding and interest in applied landscape design – including knowledge of materials and horticulture;
- Full membership or actively pursuing full membership with the OALA;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Google SketchUp Pro;
- Excellent written, graphic and oral communication skills;
- ISA designation would be considered an asset;
- Understanding of sustainable design principles, LEED and Toronto Green Standard is considered an asset;
- Understanding of Southern Ontario approvals processes is considered an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer group health benefits to all employees. This position is intended to be full-time and is currently in-office.
FRP Inc. is an award winning, small boutique landscape architecture firm that has been practicing in Toronto and the GTA since 1985. Our breath of design work is diverse, and ranges across the public and private realm including post secondary campuses, child care playgrounds, schools, commercial development, open space networks and parks, urban plazas, recreational facilities, community centres, libraries and public art.
Please provide a cover letter, PDF files of your CV and examples of portfolio work that demonstrate your graphic and technical design abilities to Kelly Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please have references available upon request.
We appreciate all applications and interest in this position. Please note we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview.