Bachelor or Master degree in landscape architecture – Persons who possess a bachelor or master of landscape architecture degree from an institution recognized by OALA are eligible to apply for associate status immediately upon graduation.
Three year diploma in landscape architectural technology from Ryerson Polytechnic University – Persons possessing a three-year diploma in landscape architectural technology from Ryerson Polytechnic University are eligible to apply for associate status immediately upon graduation.
Other education – Persons who possess other related degrees, diplomas, and who have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional landscape architectural experience, are eligible to apply for associate status.
- Submit a completed application form with the required documentation and fees as outlined on the application form. Please note: if an application for associate membership is submitted in the same year of graduation from University, the $70 PDP registration and application fees are waived.
- Have the endorsement of one OALA full member
- Have current employment in the field
Candidates who meet these eligibility requirements will be accepted by the Association as associates. They will be assigned a minimum two year period in the OALA’s Professional Development Program (PDP).
Associates are eligible to apply for Full Membership upon:
- Completion of the professional development program;
- Completion of the independent study course on Ontario legislation and professional practice
- Passing a minimum of three sections of the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE)