Senior Landscape Architect/Designer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Vancouver, BC
- Company Name:
- Hapa Collaborative
- Company Information:
- Hapa Collaborative is a landscape architecture and urban design practice established with placemaking, attentiveness and collaboration in mind. We see each project as an opportunity to partner, to dream big and to synthesize ideas wrought from many, often opposing, influences. Our goal with each commission is to evoke the poetry of the place and in doing so reveal something delightful but perhaps previously unseen. Most of all, Hapa Collaborative is a new voice for contemporary landscape design and a small, agile and fresh alternative to traditional landscape architecture practice. Our studio of sixteen is a daily collaboration between people of different backgrounds and a mix of skills and specializations. We love the fact that this mix is present in our design process and in the final built results.
- Job Details:
We are growing and looking to add to our fast-paced landscape architecture and urban design practice. We are interested in adding a senior level landscape architect/designer with a minimum of seven years of practical experience and a solid foundation in all aspects of landscape architecture. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, personable and collaborative with in-depth knowledge of construction methods, materials and contract administration and preferably local knowledge or experience. This position brings with it the opportunity to assume an increased leadership role and help shape the direction of the practice over time.
- Minimum seven years of experience in landscape architecture or a related professional practice. Professional registration is desirable but not necessary;
- Substantial experience with project management, construction documentation, contract administration and proposal writing;
- Experience and interest in managing and mentoring a design team of junior and intermediate level designers and administrative staff;
- An interest in guiding construction documentation and administration procedures for the entire studio;
- High fluency in AutoCAD and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp;
- Conversant in contract and specification standards including Masterformat, NMS, CCDC and MMCD;
- Excellent written communication skills and a mature rapport with clients, consultants and contractors;
- Experience with cost estimation, project scheduling and coordination of sub-consultants;
- Ability to think strategically, to problem-solve decisively, and make decisions quickly and confidently.
Hapa offers an exciting work environment within a vibrant, experimental design team. We offer a competitive base salary, a profit-sharing plan and many benefits including an extended health plan and our Hapa Days volunteer incentive. If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in hearing more about the position described above, please submit your resume and portfolio to Sophia Sengsuriya, Communication Designer at email@example.com. While we appreciate all interest, only qualified individuals will be contacted.
How to apply:
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in hearing more about the position described above, please submit your resume and portfolio to Sophia Sengsuriya, Communication Designer at firstname.lastname@example.org