- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Toronto, ON
- Company Name:
- IBI Group
- Company Information:
- We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Job Details:
IBI Group is seeking talented Landscape Designers to join our Toronto Head Office to work on exciting large scale transportation-urban design projects. As part of a team, you will design a welcoming and sustainable public realm including civic plazas, urban parkettes, streetscape, cycle tracks and pleasant pedestrian routes to accommodate the needs of all users.
This opportunity will allow you to learn about transit architecture and urban design in a fast paced creative environment. You will be involved in all phases of the project from schematic design through to detailed design. A high level of AutoCAD proficiency is mandatory.
- Work with Lead Landscape Architect to design a creative context sensitive urban environment to support LRT transit infrastructure
- Interact and collaborate with other disciplines including Architects and Engineers
- Ensure project deliverables comply with local standards and contract requirements
- Assist with the creation of presentation drawings, models and material
- Assist with technical reports
- Prepare technical drawings
- Meet project deadlines
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution within the fields of Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years (post-graduation) of relevant working experience in a professional architectural design or engineering firm
- Exceptional proficiency in AutoCAD 2010 or higher
- Proficiency in Microstation V8i an asset
- Experience with project coordination in municipal, commercial and P3 projects an asset
- Comprehensive experience in preparation of construction drawings
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: Applicants who are selected for an in-person interview will be required to complete a CAD exercise during the interview process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply: Please send resumes to Kelly Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org