Landscape Architect / Playground Designer (2 positions)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Elmira, ON (Waterloo Region)
- Company Name:
- Job Details:
Earthscape is an award-winning, design-build firm that specializes in custom playgrounds. Our main office and fabrication shop are located just outside of Elmira, Ontario; a second office is located in Toronto.
We are currently looking for a Landscape Architect / Playground Designer to join our PLAYGROUND team and be involved in all aspects of the design of children’s play spaces. Our clients include internationally renowned Landscape Architecture firms; as well as cities, towns and municipalities; schools; non-profit organizations; and child care centres.
The playgrounds we design and build are custom, site specific and inspiring. Before going further, you must check out http://www.earthscapeplay.com/ to see what you would be involved in creating.
- may have a BLA or MLA (with strong design skills) and are working toward or have obtained membership with the OALA; OR
- you may have a related Degree or Diploma in another design field like Interior Design, Urban Design or Landscape Design;
- have one to five years of experience working as a Landscape Architect or Designer or be a current graduate with exceptional design skills/abilities;
- are proficient with Sketchup and Layout. Your knowledge of AutoCAD is an added bonus;
- have experience creating compelling design boards and presentation documents;
- have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, necessary for successful client meetings.
You will manage multiple playground projects from beginning to end. This will include client meetings, concept designs, hand-sketching, detailed design, schematic illustrations, cost estimation, scheduling and liaison with our installation teams. If you’re keen, it could even include some hands-on field work. You can read blue print plans and surveys as well as working site drawings, grade and layout plans. You must be extremely organized, work and think quickly, and enjoy a bit of stress.
What’s in it for you?
This job will offer you the opportunity to work on some of North America’s most innovative playground projects. The pace, challenges and problem-solving opportunities will mean you are never bored. You will have the chance to develop and refine a wide variety of skills in our rapidly growing business. Your colleagues are young, dynamic, and highly skilled. They have an impressive range of backgrounds, skills and expertise. Above all they are dedicated to Earthscape’s success.
We believe strongly in rewarding our staff with a combination of:
-profit sharing and performance bonuses;
-award-winning projects and designs;
-track record of excellent client relationships;
-benefits for full-time and regular seasonal employees.
How to apply: email to email@example.com