- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Oakville, ON
- Company Name:
- WSP Canada Inc.
- Company Information:
- WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
Across Canada, our Landscape Architects are part of our integrated multidisciplinary consulting team, including planners, urban designers, environmental scientists and engineers. We are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from designing iconic sites to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. We think global and act local.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
- Job Details:
WSP is currently seeking a talented Landscape Architect to join our Oakville office. Working collaboratively amongst our established team of landscape architects, planners, environmental scientists and engineers, you will be responsible for contributing to design, planning, and construction services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in the GTA, across Ontario and nationally. You bring to the role a creative mindset and thoughtful approach to design.
- Project Coordination and Management of projects from concept to construction administration;
- Contract administration services including inspection and construction oversight for major projects;
- Proposal and presentation preparation;
- Interaction and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, mentoring of junior staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years’ professional experience;
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or suitable related diploma;
- OALA registration or eligibility within one year;
- Arborist certification with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) preferred;
- Project coordination and /or project management experience;
- Construction administration experience;
- Understanding of project development, design development and contract and proposal preparation is required;
- Superior skills in Autocad production, assembly of construction documentation packages, material selection, specifications and cost estimating within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Planting design, layout, grading and detailing;
- Expertise in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages;
- Experience in Microstation and/or Civil 3D;
- Graphic production / 3D rendering capability;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently as part of a team and a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MMM&cws=51&rid=5899
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.