Junior Landscape Architect/Intern/Landscape Designer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Barrie, ON
- Company Name:
- Landmark Environmental Group Ltd
- Company Information:
- Landmark Environmental Group Ltd. is a busy multi-disciplined consulting practice that offers landscape architecture and consulting arboriculture services for developments requiring municipal approvals. In addition, we provide landscape architecture designs for estate residential properties. Our Firm is located in the Barrie area offering our clients premium customer service and distinctive environmentally sensitive design solutions.
- Job Details:
We are seeking a well-qualified Junior Landscape Architect//Designer to join our team in our Barrie office.
Position Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of conceptual design plans, arborist reports, details and working drawings;
- Preparation of urban design and landscape renderings for presentation;
- Construction administration, RFP/tender proposal writing, cost estimates and site inspections;
- General office duties are required.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) degree, College Diploma in Landscape Design or equivalent experience;
- Experience in reading and understanding engineering, architectural and arboricultural plans;
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Preference given to those candidates with experience in tree identification and Arborist report preparation;
- Preference given to candidates with previous experience in a landscape architectural office;
- Proficiency in Sketchup, Photoshop and/or Dynascape are considered an asset;
- Eligibility for membership in the OALA and LARE exam candidates are considered an asset;
- Must be a self-starter, exhibit collaborative team-building skills and provide excellent client/customer service;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Remuneration to commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to send a resume and portfolio to:
Landmark Environmental Group Ltd.
112 Commerce Park Drive, Unit L
Barrie, Ontario L4N
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.