Junior Landscape Architect/ Landscape Architectural Intern
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa, ON
- Company Name:
- Lashley + Associates Corporation
- Company Information:
- Lashley + Associates Corporation is a progressive, energetic, and award-winning Landscape Architectural practice located in Ottawa and Montreal serving Canada. Our practice utilizes forward-thinking and a sustainable approach to design urban, rural, and natural environments in central and eastern Canada. As designers and proud stewards of the land, we are focused on the development of resources for the betterment of society and nature. We are committed to providing excellent service to our clients for all of their project needs.
Lashley + Associates provides a collaborative, open-concept office environment. Our team is comprised of engaging and motivated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, all with unique skills and experience that combine to create a strong and supportive office.
- Job Details:
Lashley + Associates is seeking a motivated and skilled Junior Landscape Architect or Landscape Architectural Intern to join our expanding firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the design team by completing concept designs, presentations, written reports, contract documents, and construction review for a variety of institutional, government, commercial and residential clients. Ability to independently manage small projects and liaise with clients and other consultants is essential. Lashley + Associates prides itself on providing junior level staff with opportunities for early involvement in all aspects and stages of the design project. The professional growth and the advancement of our junior staff is a key contribution to the success of our dynamic firm.
The successful candidate will have the following credentials:
- Be motivated, engaging, and forward-thinking.
- Landscape Architectural degree from an accredited university.
- 1-5 years of full-time working experience as a Landscape Architectural Intern or Junior Landscape Architect.
- Associate membership or qualifications for Associate level membership in the OALA or AAPQ as a minimum requirement.
- Demonstrated ability in oral, written and graphic communication.
- Knowledge and experience in technical landscape design (eg. grading, planting, construction detailing, and construction specifications).
- Excellent graphics and proven technical expertise in use of AutoCAD, 3D rendering programs (Sketchup, 3D Max, or Revit), and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Proven ability and experience in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel). Experience with Mac operating system a plus.
- Ability to adapt to and learn with in a fast-paced project related design practice.
- Arborist certification is an asset.
- English language is essential. Working ability in French is an asset.
Lashley + Associates provides a professional and energetic working environment in a collaborative office setting. We are located centrally in a comfortable neighborhood in Ottawa’s Little Italy. You can find more about our firm, projects, and our working environment at www.LashleyLA.com
We offer competitive salary, vacation, and employment benefits and provide a work environment based on healthy work-life balance respecting individual goals.
Direct your submission, including a covering letter, contact information, references, detailed CV, list of competencies, and a brief PDF portfolio to Ric Carreon by email at: RCarreon@LashleyLA.com by August 31st, 2017.
Thank you to all interested candidates who make a submission for our consideration; however, only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.