Junior Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- London, ON
- Company Name:
- Company Information:
- Creating value in land development? It’s all part of our plan. Developing land into a residential or mixed-use community or into a public space with parks and trails requires a mix of technical skill, creative vision, and insight into development. We merge our expertise to create value for our clients and community. Join us as we develop the ultimate master plan—one that features creative, technical, and innovative project-based solutions which are also economically viable and environmentally responsive.
Stantec is an award-winning multi-disciplinary firm of professionals involved in all aspects of landscape architecture, architecture, environmental services, planning, and engineering. Stantec’s London studio is an open concept, collaborative and integrated design work environment focused on a strong design sensibility and integrated interdisciplinary teams. Our landscape architecture projects primarily focus on public park and open spaces, trails, urban environments/streetscapes, environmental, stream and ecosystem restoration and arboriculture.
- Job Details:
Stantec is seeking a Junior Landscape Architect for our London studio. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the production of high quality drawings and graphics, technical documents, reports and other deliverables in support of project objectives.
The qualified candidate will have 0-5 years’ experience and a working knowledge of AutoCAD software applications. Working knowledge of other software applications such as Photoshop, Sketch-up, Adobe Illustrator is also required. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking registration or a registered landscape architect interested in an increased level of responsibility.
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing detailed design drawings, using computer aided drafting (CAD), including layout, grading, planting, and construction detailing;
- Assisting and supporting our Landscape Architects in concept design development and provide cost estimating, detail design services, contract document preparation and undertake various field services such as site inventories and construction inspection and reports;
- Translating concept plans through to design development plans;
- Preparing and producing design and construction drawings and schematic illustrations;
- Design detailing in an accurate and efficient manner;
- Assisting in the preparation of schedules of quantity and cost estimates;
- Preparing presentation and marketing drawings and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or Diploma in Landscape Architectural Technology or a related landscape/horticulture program;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a consulting environment is preferred;
- A sound understanding of the landscape architects work requirements is required;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Experience with other computer drafting programs, manual drafting and above average graphic skills are highly desirable and considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and possess a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required for site/project meetings and inspections.
How to apply:
Please go to the link below and submit your resume: