Intermediate-Senior Landscape Architectural Technologist
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Edmonton, AB
- Company Name:
- Company Information:
- DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm of landscape architects, urban designers and planners, architects, engineers, and interior designers. Our specialty and spirit are founded on unique collaborations for projects, clients and communities.
Our work includes design for urban vibrancy, health and wellness, transportation, arts and culture, retail and commercial, residential, education and research. DIALOG has been designing positive change in communities since 1960. Although our work has attracted many awards over this span, we consider a project truly successful when it is embraced by its community. What you will find here is passion without pretense; people who love coming to the studio every day, rolling up their sleeves, and working with a variety of clients to find common ground, and a brighter future for the communities we serve.
- Job Details:
About the Role
As an integral part of our growing Urban Design, Landscape Architecture and Planning team in the Edmonton studio, you will work alongside a new young, and energetic team on some of the most exciting work in the Region. If you want to have a positive influence on the urban character of Edmonton, meaningfully shaping our city, then this is the place for you!
The team in Edmonton is currently working on a number of high-profile and transformative projects in the Edmonton region and across Canada.
- Proficiency in electronic drawings through AutoCAD, managing the AutoCAD drawing applications and plug-ins, with an emphasis on those with applications for contract documents, with periodic reporting to studio staff on AutoCAD file management, plug-ins and updates.
- Ongoing development of expertise in technical detailing and cost estimating
- Responsible for preparation and production of project specific design and construction drawings, Development Permit drawings and schematic illustrations under the direction of the Principal and Sr. Designer. Familiarity is required with the requirements of approving authorities.
- Schematic Design and Design Development: Working as part of the integrated team, undertakes in a self-directed manner the preparation of base plans to be utilized in these stages. Familiarity is required with the requirements and approvals by Authorities Having Jurisdiction. Deliverables include the development and preparation of plans for Development Permit Applications and associated approvals (e.g. Edmonton Design Committee & Calgary Urban Design Review Panel).
- Contract Documents: Working as part of the integrated team, this position has overall responsibility for the oversight, management and execution of the preparation of project working drawings.
- Construction Reviews and Onsite Work: Working with the design team, reviewing the process and progress of construction, for confirmation of design intent.
- Contract Administration Assistance: Oversight, management and execution of the preparation of IFB and IFC project working drawings.
- 5 – 10 years of landscape architectural technology experience
- Strong electronic drawing skills through AutoCAD.
- Experience with Civil 3D or Revit is excellent!
Why work for DIALOG?
We are proud to have been named a Top 100 Employer in Canada for 2013, 2014 & 2015. Employing over 550 people in 4 studios across Canada, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning design firm committed to sustainable, integrated design.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence to email@example.com specifying ‘Int – Sr Landscape Architectural Technologist – Edmonton – YOUR NAME’ in the subject line.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.