Intermediate / Senior Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Vaughan, ON
- Company Name:
- MHBC Planning, Urban Design & Landscape Architecture
- Company Information:
- MHBC is an award-winning multi-disciplinary firm that provides a full complement of design services across Canada for both private and public sector clients. Our practice is involved in a wide range of projects from schools, parks, health care facilities, museums, historic properties, multi-unit housing to large scale commercial and institutional projects for public and private owners. Additional services we provide include feasibility studies, master plans, vegetation assessments, detailed design and working drawings, contract administration and inspections/review during construction.
- Job Details:
We have an immediate opening for a creative and enthusiastic individual to join our Landscape Architectural Design team in our Vaughan office. The successful candidate will have a Degree in Landscape Architecture or suitable related Diploma and demonstrated progressive experience in a professional environment.
- AutoCAD proficiency is mandatory;
- A well-grounded understanding of construction detailing, contract documents, material take-offs and site review;
- Proposal writing experience is preferred;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent graphic and illustrative skills, including familiarity with SketchUp and Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design) will be favoured;
- Solid horticultural knowledge is required;
- Minimum 5 – 7 years design experience required.
As well, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to take direction, work independently and as part of a team;
- Be attentive to detail and have excellent problem solving abilities;
- Be organized and responsible;
- Have strong communication skills and be able to liaise effectively with clients;
- Have use of a personal vehicle for site visits and project meetings.
What MHBC has to offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- A dynamic and growing firm with six offices throughout southern Ontario;
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects across Canada within a larger team of respected professionals;
- Exposure to a wide range of project types;
- Respectful work environment;
- Support for professional growth;
- Opportunities for advancement for talented and committed staff.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume and portfolio to Nick Miele, by email at email@example.com, with the subject ‘MHBC LA Position’. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MHBC Planning, Urban Design & Landscape Architecture
7050 Weston Road, Suite 230
Vaughan, ON L4L 8G7