Intermediate Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa, ON
- Company Name:
- Company Information:
- As one of Ontario’s largest dedicated Planning and Design firms with offices in Ottawa, Kingston and Toronto, Fotenn is passionate about creating places where people want to be. We are a progressive and dynamic team of professionals engaged in projects across the country. Our practice is centred around the seamless integration of planning, landscape architecture, and urban design; while rooted in a deep appreciation for creating people focused places.
- Job Details:
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With Fotenn, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are experts in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
This position reports to the Lead Landscape Architect and Director of Landscape Architecture and Urban Design. The successful candidate will be dedicated to: sustainable landscape architecture and urban design practices; advancing the role of landscape architecture and urban design in the public realm; enhancing the quality of urban life; and the development of successful communities. You will work collaboratively with the planning and urban design team on a variety of development projects as well as independently on landscape architecture projects as the lead.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture;
- Full Member of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA) or the Association des Architectes Paysagiste du Quebec (AAPQ) with ability and interest to obtain Stamp;
- Minimum of 5-10 years of proven applied experience in Landscape Architecture;
- Excellence in design and knowledge of technical detailed design and construction methods and practices;
- Experience in land development and municipal approval process;
- Highly developed graphic, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences, including: clients; communities; and peers;
- Strong project management experience and the ability to manage competing deadlines and project budgets;
- Desire and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, write clearly, and resolve problems creatively;
- High degree of competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, hand drawing, and 3D modeling (Sketch Up, Rhino); and
- Additional Assets: ISA Certification, French language proficiency and competency in ArcGIS.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employees, clients, allied professionals, officials and the community;
- Meeting with new and existing private and public sector clients;
- Presenting to clients, stakeholders, community associations, municipal committees and councils;
- Assisting in the development of new landscape architecture business including: responding to requests for proposals; preparation of proposals;
- Complete site assessments, tree identification, and site inventory;
- Preparation of site analysis, concept drawings, and master plans;
- Preparation of contract documents, including: technical working drawings (layout and material plans, grading plans, planting plans and details), specifications and cost estimates; and
- Conduct construction administration, including field review.
Fotenn offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a progressive work environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please visit our website, www.fotenn.com, to learn more about our firm.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio to:
Director of Urban Design and Landscape Architecture
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, January 27, 2017 at 5:00pm. Only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.