Intermediate Landscape Architect
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Posting Date:
- Deadline Date:
- Ottawa, ON
- Company Name:
- Company Information:
- Stantec’s Community Development team provides a full range of innovative services in landscape architecture, engineering, community planning, and project management to shape and transform the urban landscape.
We bring together places that make communities feel like home. Transforming land into a residential or mixed-use community, or a public space with parks and trails, requires a mix of technical skill and creative vision, as well as insight into development.
We merge this expertise to create value for our clients and community. Our clients rely on us to optimize the potential of their land. Landscape architects, commercial specialists, and architects design the facilities that attract and engage the public. Our planners create designs using sound planning and knowledge of local regulations to navigate approvals. Our public participation experts engage stakeholders to build consensus. Our engineers, surveyors, and transportation experts lay the groundwork for infrastructure so a community can run smoothly. Our environmental scientists restore and protect the environment.
Our approach to community development forms wildlife habitat, restores wetlands for future generations, and builds neighborhoods where bicyclists ride on trails and families picnic in parks. By creating unique spaces that respond to the land and the people who use them, we’re bringing community to life.
Providing landscape architecture services for sites, neighborhoods, communities, land regions, our Landscape Architects are comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who creates high-quality environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate and attractive.
Our Landscape Architects have opportunities to provide holistic approaches to services such as urban and streetscape design; parks, open space, greenways; sustainable community development; environmental rehabilitation and restoration; detail support for transportation projects; as well as cycling, pedestrian and trail systems. At Stantec, we believe that a multi-disciplinary approach provides opportunities for solutions that are more innovative and unique. Our staff benefit from the support of scientists, engineers, designers and planners from a range of disciplines and practices.
- Job Details:
Stantec’s Ottawa location is currently seeking an experienced creative Intermediate Landscape Architect. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of design documents including written reports, drawings, construction specifications, etc., and will be a key player ensuring client and contractor liaison throughout the development of projects. The Ottawa Office provides consulting services to private and government clients across Ottawa and surrounding region. This is a multidisciplinary office providing services in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Land Development, Transportation and Environmental Infrastructure.
Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize, design and document landscape architectural designs;
- Serve as technical design expert for projects and work with other team members to develop and execute design;
- Assist Intermediate and Senior Landscape Architects with the preparation of design and construction documents;
- Assist design team in the preparation of cost estimates, and budgets;
- Conduct Site Investigations and Construction Inspections;
- Prepare proposals;
- Work within multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or similar, relevant certification;
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of full-time experience as a Landscape Architect;
- Full Membership with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architect (OALA)or Association des architectes paysagistes du Québec (AAPQ);
- Familiarity with federal, provincial, and municipal approval process and standards;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of designs and construction documents including specifications;
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign with experience working with 3D rendering softwares an asset (Sketch-up, 3D Max);
- Demonstrated industry practice knowledge and commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in English or French. Bilingualism is an advantage.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume through our website: https://jobs2-stantec.icims.com/jobs/30910/job