- This event has passed.
Stakeholder Meeting on City of Toronto’s Review of Sidewalk Cafes & Displays
June 27 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 pm
Date: Tuesday June 27, 2017
Time: 9am to 10:30am
Location: Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St West, 17th Floor, EastTower, Board Room
Limited Spaces – RSVP to Janet.Lo@toronto.ca
Over the last two years the City of Toronto has been reviewing and consulting on the fees and by-laws that govern sidewalk
cafes and displays operating on the public right-of-way. Please join us for a stakeholder discussion on the review which
includes looking at:
- The space required for walking and movement for people with disabilities, and how those requirements will affect existing holders of café and marketing permits
- New café and marketing display design options including small frontage cafes and displays, year-round cafes and their building requirements, parklets, curbside options and the possible explorationof expandable and retractable cafes and displays by time of day.
- Revised fees based on input from the restaurant industry and other stakeholders.
A report recommending a revised sidewalk café by-law, updated guidelines and fees is expected to be submitted to a joint meeting of the Licensing and Standards and Public Works Committee this Fall.
If you are not able to join us for this meeting, please note that two public meetings will be held to give residents, businesses and other stakeholders an opportunity to view the proposed changes, speak with staff and provide feedback on the proposed fees and implementation plan for the proposed by-law changes.
- Tuesday, June 13 from 2 to 4 p.m., City Hall, Committee Room 2, 100 Queen St. W.
- Tuesday, June 20 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., North York Civic Centre, Council Chamber, 5100 Yonge St.
Livestreaming of the June 13 meeting will be available at
For those unable to attend any of the above meetings, input can be provided at